Frequently Asked Questions
- Is my website payment secure? Most definitely. You should see the green bar and padlock when you are at checkout and this shows your details are secure. We use Paypal for Credit, Debit and Paypal payments all completely secure using the current security measures and take every care to ensure your details are provided, processed and used securely.
- Can I pay another way? Yes, you can pay by BACS, just email us requesting our bank details. Alternatively, we are happy to accept cheques (there is a £1.75 administration charge for cheque payments) or even cash through the post if the need for secrecy is important though please send cash by special delivery.
- How much does the postage cost? It is £8.95 for UK orders under £200 and free for UK orders over £200. This cost covers Royal Mail Special Delivery for the finished treasure. Special Delivery is next day and fully insured. See our Delivery Information for further details.
- How long does it take? It takes approximately 10-14 days from receipt of your prints, artwork or sentiments (excluding bank holiday weekends and Our Christmas Shutdown). If you have a date you want to meet or need it quicker then please contact us and we can give you various options for speeding up the process. We can offer an Express Service if you have a date you want to meet or need it quicker - please see our Delivery Information page for further details.
- Can I order from outside the UK? Yes, if you can checkout and pay then we are able to accept orders from your country. We dispatch impression kits by airmail but it is down to you to cover any customs requirements and postage charges for returning them. Finished products are dispatched fully insured by Airsure. Please do leave enough time for your order as the distance does necessarily add time to your order. Postage costs are different for different countries but these are shown before you pay for your order
- Will I see my child's fingerprint clearly? Usually yes, very clearly. It does depend on the size of the child's finger and the depth of lines on their finger. The shallower the lines the less defined they may be. But even with few lines or undefined ones you still get a nice finger shaped imprint.
- How old does my child have to be? For all print types they can be any age at all. For fingerprints - We can do a print at any age though the smaller the finger the less defined the print may be, it is very dependant on the child. We have done prints using our unique impression kit with lovely lines from 2-3 days upto any age at all. We can do any age really for all sorts of occasions, for coming of age presents, wedding gifts or other special events.
- Can you tell me how natural the print kits are? Both the fingerprint kit and inkless kit for hands, pets and footprints are all completely non toxic. Please see our Environmental Policy for further details.
- How easy is the fingerprint impression or hand/footprints to take at home? It is very simple and easy. Tiny Treasures have rarely had anyone with problems following the process and boast a 99% success rate on suitable prints returned. But please be assured that if we receive your print and it has no lines in the fingerprint or is not suitable we will contact you before going ahead. We are so confident of the ease of use that should a mould or hand/footprint kit we receive be unsuitable we will issue a replacement kit Free Of Charge.
- I love my print so much and want to get one for my mum--do I need to do another print? If you are happy for us to use the prints we already have then no you don't need to do it again. We store all prints unless requested to destroy them and have over 14 years securely stored away so you can recreate any piece anytime. We regularly have customers who come back a year or even many years later and they want a new print for the age of their child then and so a new print would be required in that case.
- Do you use recycled products or take care of the environment? Tiny Treasures is committed to the environment and reduce, reuse or recycle as much as possible. Please see our Environmental Policy for further details.
Top of page